Saturday, October 15, 2011

Sorry-I'm behind

So this week I had a 2 distraught preschoolers with a horrible flu that included fever for 3 days, alarming rasping breathing, complete refusal to eat, and general, pathetic misery. The worst part was the insistence on keeping me up ALL NIGHT (how did I cope with newborns? Can't remember, must have been awful), with the final blow being the 4 year old who at midnight Thursday (her third night of fever), woke up and nonsensically refused to sleep anywhere but the couch. Since I was afraid she would fall out, I had to sleep on the ground next to her. Luckily she woke up every 30 minutes crying, so I didn't get a backache. While my other daughter slept in my bed, without me in it.  Of course I have a fairly new full time job with no vacation or sick days earned yet and was dodging in and out of work to the pediatrician's office, hoping no one noticed.  And compulsively calling my heroic nanny, who had her hands full without me pestering her all day. All the while their daddy is in the hospital recovering from back surgery, and wondering when we are going to come visit. Luckily my taxes had to be filed, since everyone needs a leisure time activity involving the federal government.
Therefore, I have not been blogging, and tonight I will be going to bed at an unreasonably early hour. I'll be back later, once I can string a few thoughts together, with the final apple recipe. I also have an idea for a post about lasagna, both a super easy cheating recipe, and a classic can't be beat recipe that takes a little longer.  Enjoy your Saturday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment