Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Garlic Butter Chicken Tenders

Well, many years have passed! During those years, my kids got really big and we moved to Austin, TX......which I will write about later, but for now, fast forward to the 2020 Covid-19 stay at home order. While at home, I thought I would update the blog with many of the recipes I have discovered and use frequently in the past few years. I might not have many photos, so I will try to come back and update the posts with some appetizing pictures. Until then, we play pretend.

Here is one of my very favorite, quickest and easiest recipes EVER. Probably 20 minutes for real. Not like on the Food Network 20 mins. 20 minutes from the stuff being in the fridge to hot on a plate.  Just steam some veggies, rice etc, and you have a great meal.

Since we are all focused these days on limiting trips to the store, I am including a brief discussion of ingredients. You probably have a lemon, butter and some garlic on hand. You may not have Lawry's seasoning salt, which I learned about from Ree Drummond, have found it to really lend some flavor in general to the chicken. It's worth getting a container of it. I also have always cooked this in a big cast iron skillet. I really don't know how it would turn out in a regular pan. FYI.

Ingredients

1 lb chicken tenders
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tblsp Lawry's seasoning salt (adjust to taste)
3-4 tbsp of unsalted butter
3-4 cloves of garlic- minced
juice from half a lemon
chopped fresh parsley if desired

Directions

1. Season the chicken tenders with smoked paprika and Lawry's seasoning salt.

2. Heat up a cast iron skillet to med high and add 3 tblsps of butter. When it is sizzling, add the seasoned chicken tenders. Cook for a minute or two minute, then turn over and cook the other  side.

3. This is sort of weird but hang in there with me because I think this is part of the reason the chicken is so juicy.. Push the chicken to one side, and then add more butter and the garlic. Stir it all together.

4. Add the lemon and cook them until they are brown and cooked through. Top off with the chopped parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment